World's first solar powered digital musical instrument! It makes sounds using a piezoelectric transducer and changes pitch or notes (depending on mode) according to the amount of light hitting the solar panel. More light means higher pitch and less light produces lower pitch.
It has 4 basic modes of operation (LINEAR, CHORDS, SCALES, CUSTOM) and comes with preprogrammed chords and scales that will enable you to make cool sounds right out of the box!
It will work on an overcast day as well as under a desk lamp.
To fully understand the device principal of operation and functions, go to our download page and take a look at the SolarSounds User guide.
My son and I had great fun fiddling around with it and then playing along together (he was on guitar) over xmas, it is a really well thought out and interesting thing - much more musical that I imagined - unique and well done !
- I really like the variety and options. Was great to explore and experiment.
- Piano style layout of notes made it intuitive.
- Size is great. I had seen picture and expected it to be desk top, but it fits in your pocket.
- Ability to save loops is nice. Similar to synth so again intuitive.
- Solar panel is a great novelty, it had me chasing the sun around the house.
Dimensions: 80mm x 56mm x 10mm